Low Cost Home Ownership (Homebuy Scheme)
Are you a First Time Buyer? Unable to purchase a property on the open market?
Pennant is proud to work in partnership with City and County of Swansea and Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council in order to offer for sale a small number of low cost home ownership properties each year. Homes are available on a certain number of new home developments within the Swansea and Neath Port Talbot areas.
Do I qualify for the Homebuy scheme?
- Are you aged 18 or over?
- Are you a British or EU citizen or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK?
- Do you intend to use the property as your only or principal home?
- Can you satisfy that your financial and or individual circumstances do not enable you to buy or rent a similar property in the area on the open market?
- You are not in arrears or in breach of a tenancy agreement.
- You are not already a home owner – a First Time Buyer (Although applications will be accepted from those who have gone through a marriage breakdown)
- Can you get a mortgage?
Priority will be given to those:
- with a low household income
- households that make best use of a property’s size. For example, when considering a two bedroom apartment, a couple with a child would take priority over a couple with no children. Existing social housing tenants and first time buyers will also be given priority.
How does the scheme work?
The Homebuy scheme enables prospective purchasers who would struggle to purchase a property on the open market, to get onto the property ladder. Properties on the scheme are normally sold at 70%* of the open market value (*other shares may be available, dependent on the development) with the 30% then being repaid when the property is sold on in the future. There is no interest to be paid on the 30%.
Dependent on the Mortgage Lender, normal deposit amount range from between 5 – 10%.
How do I express an interest in the Homebuy scheme?
You will first need to register on the Affordable Housing Register by sending your details by email to the City and County of Swansea on AffordableHousingRegister@swansea.gov.uk or Contact Us on (01792) 635047
They will contact you to discuss your eligibility for future schemes. They will ask you for information about your current housing circumstances, your income, your proposed household and future housing preferences and requirements. The Pennant team will then contact you as and when any new homes become available on the Homebuy scheme in Swansea.
Neath Port Talbot Area
Please continue to check the Pennant website and social media pages for further schemes that may become available on the Homebuy scheme in the Neath Port Talbot borough.
For further information on Low Cost Home Ownership (Homebuy), please contact the Pennant Sales Team on 01792 619 300.