Awel y Môr
* ALL PLOTS RESERVED*
If you would like further information on the low cost home ownership scheme and how to register your details for future schemes, please visit our Low Cost Home Ownership page.
Working in partnership with City and County of Swansea, Pennant is pleased to present a number of new homes for sale on the brand new Awel y Môr, development in Tycoch.
Properties will be sold on a Homebuy scheme, meaning that you only have to pay 70% of the property’s full value. The remaining 30% will then be repaid when the property is sold. Further details and terms and conditions on the Homebuy scheme will be provided by a Pennant Homes member of staff.
In order to be eligible to purchase a property on the Homebuy scheme, you must meet the criteria stated at the bottom of this page.
Low Cost Home Ownership at Awel y Môr
Are you a First Time Buyer? Unable to purchase a property on the open market?
Pennant is proud to work in partnership with City and County of Swansea in order to offer for sale a small number of low cost home ownership properties each year. Homes are available on a certain number of new home developments within the Swansea area.
Do I qualify for Low Cost Home Ownership?
- Are you aged 18 or over?
- Are you a British or EU citizen or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK?
- Do you intend to use the property as your only or principal home?
- Can you satisfy that your financial and or individual circumstances do not enable you to buy or rent a similar property in the area on the open market?
- You are not in arrears or in breach of a tenancy agreement.
- You are not already a home owner (Although applications will be accepted from those who have gone through a marriage breakdown)
- Can you get a mortgage?
Priority will be given to those:
- with a low household income
- households that make best use of a property’s size. For example, when considering a two bedroom apartment, a couple with a child would take priority over a couple with no children. Existing social housing tenants and first time buyers will also be given priority.
How do I express an interest in Low Cost Home Ownership?
You will first need to register on the Affordable Housing Register by sending your details by email to the City and County of Swansea on AffordableHousingRegister@swansea.gov.uk or Contact Us on (01792) 635047
They will contact you to discuss your eligibility for future schemes. They will ask you for information about your current housing circumstances, your income, your proposed household and future housing preferences and requirements. Once registered, you will be sent a letter confirming that your details are on the database. They will contact you on a 6 monthly basis to update your details.
The Pennant team will then contact you as and when any new homes become available on the low cost home ownership scheme.
All properties sold via Pennant Homes will be sold on the Homebuy scheme. For further information on Homebuy, please contact the Pennant Sales Team on 01792 619 300.